Monday, October 27, 2008

Being Grateful

It's not yet Thanksgiving but I am thankful for a lot of things right now:
1. My company is getting orders faster then we can fill them. It's keeping me incredibly busy (14+ hour days 7 days a week) but right now so many of my friends and competitors are slower then expected. Therefore I am SO thankful to be busy. Tired, yes. But thankfully busy.
2. FedEx is one of the greatest companies in my mind right now. Not only do they stop by my house to pick up all the orders going out the door, my FedEx person even dropped off more supplies for me since she knows my leg is broken (even left a nice little note!). And today FedEx freight called me up to make sure that someone would be around to sign for an important package tomorrow. They didn't know it was important but I was waiting for it so I'm so thankful that I know to expect it and can be around.
3. Easy returns. I'm having to return some packaging that didn't work out as planned and the company I order from makes returns so incredibly simple. That means that not only do I get my money back, but I also get the boxes out of my house. A house that my husband affectionally referred to as "a bomb shelter."
4. In two weeks 95% of the orders for the year will be out the door. That is something to look forward to right now!
5. Not related to the business but something to be happy for nonetheless - my husband isn't totally opposed to a "UnThanksgiving" meal this year. No pumpkin pie, no turkey, no stuffing. Right now I'm thinking mini hors d'ouvres and triple chocolate cheesecake. Not that I don't like typical Thanksgiving food, but right now I'd prefer to spend the time reconnecting with my husband and dogs rather than spend the day in the kitchen.

No comments: