Sunday, September 7, 2008

Viva Las Vegas

I'm heading out to Las Vegas tomorrow at the crack of dawn for the first of our two biggest tradeshows of the year. Right now I'm just hoping that I actually have everything I need since my brain seems to be very sieve-like lately (ie - forgetting to call in for that board meeting for the nonprofit I work with - just absolutely slipped my mind!). Thankfully my dad flew in this week to help me get things ready and he'll be at the airport with me tomorrow morning to help check me in while also checking himself in to go home. Then my mom is flying into Las Vegas to help me out at the show (and do some shopping - she loves Las Vegas shopping since she lives in a very rural area with no stores) so hopefully with her help I'll get everything needed done this next week.

On the plus side, the company's new website is up and running well. I've mentioned the new secure wholesale section before and we've already had three orders placed on it so it's already starting to pay off. Best of all, two of the orders are "pre-orders" for shipment November 1 or later so it gives me plenty of time to get the orders ready to go. Right now I need all the extra time I can get!

Keep your fingers crossed for me that we have a spectacular show but yet at the same time I figure out a solid plan of attack on how to deal with all the potential orders. Sort of a catch-22 at this point but things always seem to work out in the end. Right?

No comments: